This website aims to connect members of the Biotech and Lifesciences community in Ireland by providing the online tools for interaction. Members can put their own information onto the site including individual and organisation profiles, news, events, CVs and job vacancies. Members can also take part in discussion groups and register online for the face-to-face BioConnect Ireland events.
...to the World
This site is a central source of information on all aspects of biotechnology and lifesciences in Ireland and highlights Ireland as a center for excellence in basic and applied research as well a location for biotech businesses large and small, indigenous and multinational.
The establishment of BiotechnologyIreland.com is the result of:
- Strong Growth in the Irish Biotechnology and Lifesciences Sector
- The success of BioConnect Ireland Networking Organisation
- Requests for a single centralised source of information
Strong Growth in the Irish Biotechnology and Lifesciences Sector has seen:
- A massive increase in spending on basic research via Science Foundation Ireland
- Successes by IDA Ireland in attracting overseas companies.
- Increased levels of applied research funding and the growth venture capital investment.
- Increased numbers of lifesciences start-up companies through the activities of Enterprise Ireland.
The success of BioConnect Ireland
- BioConnect Ireland - The Irish (offline) Biotechnology Network was established at the beginning of 2001. BioConnect Ireland holds 4 meetings annually with presentations and discussions on topics relevant to the development of the Irish Biotech Sector. This website supports the face-to-face activities of BioConnect Ireland
Requests for a single centralised source of information for biotechnology and lifesciences in Ireland
- The Irish Government has a strong commitment to the development of the Biotechnology and Lifesciences Sector in Ireland. This site provides a one-stop-shop for information on the activities of these Government Agencies.
- Increase in the number of companies and research institutes focusing on biotechnology and lifesciences has seen increased demand for a centralised news, information and recruitment website.